A nice solid looking steel box along the railway line in Moonee Ponds. It was manufactured by AR & Co, Hebburn, England. Can it have been in place since the line was electrified in 1918? Still in use if the padlock is anything to go by.
This Moreton Bay fig is on the corner of The Avenue and Hotham Road, Niddrie, a remnant of the garden of the old farm 'Fairview'. The original bluestone house stood opposite until the 1960s. The tree has been placed on the Moonee Valley Council's Significant Tree Register, but it is cluttered with postal installations and a too-close planting of a cypress tree, not to mention overheard wires.